All Trains Terminate at Finsbury Park
When it was first opened in December 1906, the Piccadilly Line only had one stop - at Finsbury Park. It was an immediate financial failure, and almost went out of business altogether. However, investors poured in more cash and an extension to Barons Court was completed by 1909.
Still, it was used by almost no one, so in 1912 the decision was taken to update the timetable to include stations other than Finsbury Park.
Even then, it lost money heavily until it was decided to build stations along the stretch between Finsbury Park and Baron's Court, bring the total number of stops from two to fifteen. While some investors claimed this would decrease train speed, but common sense prevailed and the work was completed by 1915.