Thursday, July 15, 2004

10 Remarkable Facts About the Simon & Garfunkel Concert Tonight

1. The gig will use enough cabling to stretch all the way to Paul Simon's home town of Pydehark, New Jersey.

2. A brace of specially trained stunt condors has been shipped in from Argentina and will be released for the closing chorus of "El Condor Pasa".

3. Art Garfunkel's rider includes a handbag-sized can of Charles Worthington No More Frizz hairspray, a 500ml bottle of Body Shop Vitamin E Body Lotion and a copy of the 12th edition of Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession.

4. Diana, Princess of Wales, is known to have been a big fan of Watership Down and psychics believe there is a 95% chance that, if the duo play "Bright Eyes" at midnight tonight, her spirit will appear floating above the memorial water feature that was recently erected in her memory.

5. Other celebrity visitors tonight will include Euan Blair, Salman Rushdie and H from Steps.

6. Peter Gabriel will come on towards the end of the gig to do some backing vocals in that yelpy way he has of singing.

7. One of the few things that Art and Paul have in common nowadays is that they both suffer from hay fever, so the park's grass has had to be temporarily removed and replaced with astro-turf.

8. Rumours that Paul and Art can't stand to be around each other these days are totally untrue: in fact, they will share a trailer and will doubtless be keen to continue the game of chess they have been playing since 1972.

9. Paul Simon is, in fact, two inches taller than Art Garfunkel, but a clause in their contracts dating back to 1959 (when the duo were a skiffle act called Simofunkel) states that Art will not perform unless wearing stilts.

10. The auto-tuner used by Paul Simon's guitar technician was confiscated at US customs because apparently its case can easily be dissambled and turned into a lethal terrorist weapon powered by the chemicals used to scent the moist towelettes offered to passengers in first class on Virgin planes. Luckily, however, the canary used by the crew to detect poison gas leaks has been found to chirrup a perfect A and tonight, this will be used to tune Paul's guitar.

Contributed by Fizzwhizz.

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of these days I will stop looking on the Internet for fossil handbag related sites. It is usually a complete waste of my time. Like on my site, I like to put stuff about fossil handbag and then go from there. Anyway, cool site. Keep posting.

3:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to say this, but I was looking for agency dating free links, but your site came up. Oh well. Worth the read. Gotta run.

9:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Certainly interesting stuff. I love surfing blogs. I was looking for online dating software stuff when I landed on your page. I was looking more for online dating software info but was interested in your blog. Keep it up.

7:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

This online blog is one of my favourites... I have other online blog bookmarked...

All you reading this please email me any of that online blog info you know of. I want to operate my own online blog and especially need visitors...

Thanks and keep it up!

JisimniPetter@mailup.net
online blog

9:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i get more info?

5:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i get more info?

5:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog thanks for posting this information.

7:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

I was on google out blogging. Your web blog seems such a very good one.

Hmm... I just described your web blog and will take a deeper look to your posts.

Regards,
make money online

11:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked your writing style. Really cool stuff. Go have a super day.

2:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your writing style. Continue writing. You have a nice day.

6:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog

8:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site. Close to what I was searching for about free amateur adult movie. keep up the good work and I will return again.

10:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a very cool blog. I found it when looking for sites related to adult single ads.
Regards, Kate from Adult Singles

9:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my adult travel site.
Have a great week!

5:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site. Close to what I was searching for about free online adult movie. keep up the good work and I will return again.

12:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark your blog page!

I have a black dating online personals single blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

3:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

camera ads

4:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

free personal ads

5:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chat dating free online

7:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chat dating free online

2:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ralph lauren romance

11:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home