The TfL Vision for the Railways
Mayor Ken is to take over London's railways. What will this mean?
* Old Routemasters to be used as spare carriages on congested lines
* Now the Mayor's office has King's Cross, Marylebone, Fenchurch Street and Euston stations, it can charge everyone who uses them £200
* Prince's Risborough, Luton and the other outlying commuter areas are to be reclassified as "Lesser London"
* Trains now liable for congestion charge
* "Normal" service to be renamed "wonderful" service
* "Integration" of train, Tube and bus services mean that delays will be harmonised across the system as soon as scientists have developed a way to cause buses to suffer signal failures. Similarly, commuters will be pleased to hear that strikes will now be synchronised across all three services
* Birmingham next on Ken's list
* By 2008, railways will demonstrate the same level of improvement that the Tube has since 2000.